Friday, August 31, 2012

Last Day of Birthday Month...


My very first blog post as a 30 year old. I really can't believe that my 20's are over and done with! My 20s did me good. God blessed me with a degree in Nursing, a great job, a wonderful husband, two adorable kids, and we moved back to sweet home(Northern California). Where both of our families reside! I am looking forward to seeing what my 30s have in store for my family & I!
My birthday fell on last friday and I celebrated until sunday night. On friday my husband had breakfast waiting for me when I got off of work. I slept, spent time with the kids, went to the gym, and then had one of the best dinners
(just with my husband)!
What I Wore
Dress: J. Crew
Necklace: JcPenney
Earrings: Birthday Gift from MIL
We enjoyed a 4 course delicious meal!
On saturday Mr. Wonderful let me sleep in, as long as I could. I then awoke to spend time with the kids, eat our leftovers from the last night's dinner, went to the gym, and then my wonderful In-laws threw me a fabulous birthday dinner.
What I Wore:
Dress: Express
Cardigan: JcPenney
Shoes: Steve Madden
Necklace: Target
Earrings: Gift from MIL
Everybody knows that my favorite color is purple, so it was evident all over my In-laws' house.
The Dog was even wearing purple!
Everybody also knows that I love my best friend. To my very own surprise she snuck into town just for my birthday & was hiding in the backyard. How sweet was that!?
I was very much in shock and was touched by such a thoughtful gesture.
We laughed & talked the night away over great food.


My Aunt Kit & Mother In-law not only did a great job on gifting me with the party but the cake was perfect!
I will forever remember my 30th birthday party and cherish these thoughtful gifts. My In-laws have loved me from day 1 and have not stopped. I do not take it for granted.
After the party my husband, BFF, and I went to theatre to see Sparkle!
On Sunday my husband, cousin, and sister organized a wine tour.
What I Wore:
HeadBand: WetSeal(bought it in high school)
Earrings:Macys
Necklace: Target
Dress:Marshalls
Shoes: Gift from my Neighbor
My Mom, 2 sisters( and their mates), my best friend, and husband were all in attendance. A black stretch limo arrived in front of the house that I grew up in and took us all the way to Napa Valley!
It was so nice driving through the valley and going to 3 wine vineyards.
We enjoyed the ambiance at one,
......
......
did a wine tasting at the other,.......
.....
....
.....
.....
......
......
and at the last one we ate a nice grilled lunch on picnic tables
& enjoyed their sweet desserts!
It was a beautiful day with beautiful people!
My last picture for this post will be of the woman that was in labor with me for 4 hours 30 years ago!
What a great 30 years & lovely birthday weekend! Blessed!!!
pleated poppy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had such a great weekend spending time with you and my two favorite families. Glad you had a wonderful birthday. All the pictures came out great.

LaDonna

Anonymous said...

Such a great job once again....you have a special way of capturing the memories and highlighting the whole...so glad you loved your BD weekend Nique...and so glad you are my "daughter!"

~Donna

Anonymous said...

Fabulous celebration for a fabulous loving woman. Xoxo So glad you are in our lives! Great job of blogging and sharing your experiences. AK & UD

Katherines Corner said...

you had a wonderful birthday month my friend. Thank you for sharing. Sending hugs your way and wishes for a beautiful week ahead xo

Kristina said...

Participating in the MNB Hop for the first time!

Please check out my blog, if you haven't already. (And follow back.)

Kristina
http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

Sonya M. Jones said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a grand time. May your 30's be filled with joy, health, family, friends & love.

DaenelT said...

Happy birthday! Praying you lots of health, strength and love.

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

the blue dress looks gorgeous! hope you had a really happy birthday - because it looks like you did :)