I am totally obsessed with chevron print. So much that I wanted chevron kitchen curtains. The only thing was that I did not want to pay a whole lot. The solution was to make my own!!!
I used what I had:
Leftover brown paint that I used for my dresser
Gold acrylic paint
Yellow kids curtain panel I found at Target($14). The panel was designed to go vertical, but I placed it horizontal. It is a perfect fit for my kitchen window!
How I approached the project at hand:
1. I laid the curtain flat and taped down 5 vertical lines (the same distance apart).
2. I then taped horizontal lines in between & on the outside of vertical lines( the creases that were made from the curtain being folded helped a lot). This gave the uniform zig zag a.k.a chevron design.
3. I then moved to my deck to paint inside of every other zigzag. I carefully removed the vertical lines before I painted. I then let it dry overnight on the deck.
4. The next day I moved it back onto the kitchen table. I laid it flat and put a little extra design with gold acrylic paint. I then let that dry for a couple of hours.
5. I had Mr. Wonderful hang curtain rod.I folded the top a little, to fit perfectly! I then used curtain clips to hang .
6. I enjoy looking at these curtains everyday!!!!