Sunday, May 27, 2012

"The Couple Graduates"

Last Friday we celebrated my Brother In-law and his Wife! My brother In-law completed his Masters in education and my Sister In- law completed her Registered Nursing program!  Both of our families got together over dinner to honor them.  We had a really nice time. Both families presented one big gift! I also presented them an extra labor of love gift. I felt compelled to craft something special in honor of them graduating. This is what I created:
(Please follow me on the left with Google connect to keep connected with future creations!!!)



1. I used a 2 liter soda bottle to store the candy. I thoroughly washed and dried it out. I then I cut a square flap with a knife in the middle of the bottle. For more detailed instructions click here.

.
2. I tapped the flap up after placing all the candy inside.
3. I placed the" candy graduation poem "over the tapped flap & decorated with ribbon.
This is what it read:

Travis & Lindsey,
LOOK at you two, SMARTIE pants!
You guys SKORed high on tests and reached the PAYDAY of graduation.
Don’t listen to SNICKERS, that you guys are NERDs,
cuz you both are HOT TAMALEs in this MILKY WAY,
on the way to making a 100 GRAND!
Hope your FAST BREAK of summer is MOUNDS of fun!
Lots of KISSES,
Wes, Nique, JJ, and JoJo



In all seriousness:
Travis and Lindsey, 
I am so excited for your futures in education & nursing. I brag about you both all the time. Travis I know that your creativity, heart, and dedication has &will continue to touch so many students. Lindsey you are one of the healthiest, smartest, and prettiest people I have ever met. I have no doubt that you will be a blessing to patients and they will have the privilege to have you as a nurse. On top of all this you are an amazing Aunt and Uncle! Thank You for letting God use you both in so many ways!
Love, Jonnique( Wes & the kids)




Linking up with: Sunday: SundaysBest thesoutherninstitute  
Monday: BedazzleMeMonday Ourdelightfulhome Tip Junkie handmade projects        Wednesday: Whimsy Wednesday   Thursday: TakingTimeOut DelightfulOrder,   Friday: SixsistersStuff, MyRomanticHome,

10 comments:

Aimee said...

how did you get the candy bars inside the bottle?

lmld.org

Donna said...

Very creative idea. Wish I saw this a few weeks ago. I'll have to remember for the future.

Jen said...

What a great idea! Stopping by from http://richfaithrising.blogspot.com/
Following you back! Looking forward to reading more & discovering other great ideas! Blessings ~ jen

{Shannon} said...

What an accomplishment for both of them!! And I have seen super expensive versions of your gift at florists locally! But I'm definitely bookmarking this post for future reference! LOVE your blog header... you've got a great looking fam{ily}! New follower :-)

momto8 said...

wow..a great idea!! congrats to all!! what fun pictures!
I am already a follower...

Theresa Mahoney said...

This is so cute. What a creative and fun idea for the graduates! Congrats on their accomplishments!

Thanks for stopping by Theresa's Mixed Nuts :) I am already following in GFC :)

Nicole Blean said...

What a great idea! I need to get a graduation gift tonight. I might try making something like this.

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

What a fun idea! Just pinned this one. Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

What a really cool idea. Congrats on their ac compliments. Ok, how did you get the candy bars inside? Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best.

PS - I sent you the blog designers information by email. Keep me posted.

Six Sisters said...

Congrats to both of them!! This is so cute! We are so glad you joined our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We love to see all of the great recipes and ideas!! Thanks and we hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters