My last post was all about us finally owning our 1st house! This means it's time to decorate each room. One of my favorite rooms I am starting with is the Master-bedroom. This is the only room Mr. Wonderful and I do not have to share with the Boy and Girl. I wanted to make it specially tailored for us.
One of our favorite pictures with each other was taken in a photo booth at his brother's wedding. I wanted this picture to be one of the focal points in the room. I had seen on pinterest the amazing Engineering prints for only $4.99 at kinkos. I decided to give it a try!
What I used:
Our favorite Picture
24x36 Engineer Print(of favorite picture)$4.99
24x36 Underlayment Wood from Home Depot $5.00
Hanging hooks and Wire from Home Depot $4.00
Modge Podge (already had it from JoAnns)
Paint (left over from other projects)
Paint Brushes and Rolling Brush
How I did It:
1. I went to Kinkos with this picture and ordered a 24x36 engineering print.
2. I wanted to add some color because the $4.99 engineer prints only come in black & white.
I chose to color my flower with a red coloring pencil.
3. I went to Home Depot and asked for a 24x36 piece of Underlayment Wood. Engineer prints are super thin so I wanted to place it on top of something sturdy.
4. I painted the wood. I did not want the brown wood color to overtake the picture.
I mixed yellow, white, brown, and black because that's all I had and I did not have enough of one color.
5. After I let the paint dry on the wood I got my Mod Podge out. I rolled a single layer on the wood and on back of the print.
6. I placed the engineer print on the wood.
7. I rolled a layer of Modge Podge on top of the print.
I loved the way it turned out. I even love the wrinkle effect it has!
*if you want a no wrinkle look use Adhesive Spray instead of Modge Podge
8. The hanging material that was purchased at Home Depot was placed on the back of the wood.
9. I hung the picture under a decal saying in our Masterbedroom.
10. Mr. Wonderful loved it!