Sunday, May 8, 2011

Knowing your Mother's Love Language!




While planning Mother's Day Gifts for our Mom's Wes had brought this book to my recollection. I was sharing with him that I knew it would make his Mom's Mothers Day if she just had time with her kids and it would make my Mom's Mother Day if she received a nice gift from her children. This is when Wes stated that this was because they had their own individual Love Languages. After coming to this great epiphany we were able to make both of our Mother's happy on Mother's Day! We made it a point to spend time with Donna(Wes's Mom) and give her flowers along with a card. For my Mother we teamed up with the rest of my siblings and gave her a wonderful gift she could open up and use!

I love The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman!

The subtitle of this book is "How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate" (and Gary Chapman has written other books for kids and teens as well as mates). But the love languages are for any relationship.

I think that they are so important to learn about. They're vital, really.

Why?

Well, basically, what the book says is that we all hear or feel or experience love in different ways.

Makes sense since we're all unique!

Chapman explains that there are five different ways that people hear love:
  1. Words of Affirmation
  2. Gifts
  3. Physical Touch
  4. Acts of Service
  5. Quality Time




Can you imagine how your relationships might be enhanced or improved if you took the time to discover the other person's love language and then communicated love in that way to that person?

And . . . can you imagine how you might feel if someone took the time to find out your primary love language and spoke that language of love to you?

So, that's why I think learning the love languages is vital for all relationships. I think that they can make a huge difference in how we all feel. If everyone feels more loved because they're actually, finally hearing that love, then the world will be a better place, in my opinion, and I highly recommend The Five Love Languages. What a perfect gift it makes too!


My husband has found that my love language on special occasion is Words of Affirmation and Acts of Service. Hopefully he will pass the memo onto JJ and JoJo one day! On this Mother's Day Wes gave me a beautiful card with words of affirmation along with flowers(picture of the flowers are at the beginning of this blog). He also went to Mimi's cafe and got my favorite breakfast for me! Which is an egg white omelet, potatoes, and a low fat blueberry muffin. Last but not least,Wes also took care of JJ the whole day from getting him up, preparing his meals, playing with him, and putting him down. It worked out perfect because I was and I still am having contractions on and off.



Thank you also to my Beautiful Sister In-law and Brother In-law for affirming me on Mother's Day with their words, presence, and flowers!

No comments: