Sunday, July 8, 2012

4 Reasons Why July 4th Rocked


1.We got to experience Portland.
I am not lying when I say it is one of the prettiest places I have EVER visited.


Mr. Wonderful and I could not stop commenting on the beauty that God created in the state of Oregon.
We had our very own personal tour guide too! Our Cousin gave us a nice tour through the beauty.

2. We experienced some great 4th of July food.
There is nothing like a perfectly grilled hot dog & hamburger on the 4th of July and with all the fixings!
I had heard of JalapeƱo Poppers but I fell in love with them after we finally met.

Can we say homemade ice-cream!?
Boy can say it now that he has devoured a bowl!
If only eating like this everyday did not kill you.
3. We experienced and had fun with family & their friends.

These people are what we call our Oregon family.

When I married Mr. Wonderful Jesus blessed me also with his A-mazing family.

Since day one my extended In-laws have accepted me with open arms and have given me nothing but LOVE.

Now I get to see my Boy & Girl experience the same thing!




A beautiful & Godly family is just great to witness in this day and age.

4. We experienced 4th of July Fireworks!
It was so fun getting our own personal firework show & right in the backyard!
The fireworks were so loud throughout the neighborhood that it felt like a war zone and car alarms were  going off from the impact.
The kids were amazed and intrigued in the beginning.
Boy eventually got startled and afraid. He held his Daddy tight and would not let go. We both took the kids in for a little break and put JoJo down for bed.

Boy then decided that he was brave enough to go back out to the war zone. He learned from his cousin how to plug his ears. Boy eventually left my lap and even threw some poppers on the porch!
Bonus: I had s'mores 2 nights in a row! With that said this was the best 4th of July EVER!






We felt so grateful that our Cousins contributed so much to a wonderful memory in our memory bank!


14 comments:

{cuppakim} said...

this fourth looks AWESOME :)

the food alone is making me jealous!

i have been to multnomah falls once, but i'd LOVE to go back and hike all the way to the top (only made it halfway).

oregon is beautiful :)

happy 4th! Thanks for linking up with Katy and I!!!

grey rose (they/them) said...

your family is beautiful.
also, the jalepeno popper and ice cream business sound amazing!! hooray for america!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Looked like it was an awesome 4th!!!! And, yes... Jalpeno poppers are the best! Glad you had fun with your Oregon family!

Jessica Johnson said...

How cute is your little family?! And am awesome extended family? Doesn't get better than that. I love Multnomah. So beautiful.

Glad you had a nice 4th!

FranBriggs said...

I love my family... Glad you all enjoyed yourself!
Love, Auntie!

FranBriggs said...

I love my family... Glad you all enjoyed yourself!
Love, Auntie!

Denise said...

i love portland and oregon..going to move there...someday.

you had a full 4th, AND a great american food feast!

katygirl said...

I want that food! :) I lived in Portland for a little bit. Super quirky butso pretty and fun! Thanks for linking up!

Kelly said...

what a fabulous day.
i've always wanted to go to oregon.
someday
&
if only that food didn't kill you. ugh!

have a blessed week!

Simply Tasheena said...

Your family is amazing, it looks like the perfect 4th of July.

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you on GFC!
You have a beautiful family :)

Create WIth Joy said...

What a great post - and awesome holiday!

Would love for you to share this at my Independence Day Party link-up!

It closes today so am sending you the direct link:

http://www.create-with-joy.com/2012/07/independence-day-party-blog-hop.html

Have a wonderful week and hope you'll join us for Friendship Friday at

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com

Rasonda @ East Conolly Cottage said...

You have a GORGEOUS family. I just want to squeeze those little once up. Looks like you guys have a blast too. Thanks so much for following Lake Cottage Dreams.

Emily Cook said...

Wow that looks like so much fun! We were also away from home and at the lake- it was beautiful... but a little WILD with all the kids!

Check out my rendition of fireworks with kids (audio included!) It will crack you up!
Emily
http://www.weakandloved.com/2012/07/july-4th-with-kids-check-your.html