Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Chalkboards


Two weeks ago I wrote a whole post on this  chevron curtain . I made it myself & enjoy looking at everyday! Another thing I enjoy in my kitchen is my chalkboard, that I also created with my hands.
This chalkboard helps me stay sane and organized as a working Mommy & Wife. I update it every week with our Dinner Specials for the week. It helps me to know what I need from the stores. I have my stores divided into 3: Costco, Grocery Store, and good ole Target. On our way out to the stores My husband or I take a picture of the store lists. Mr. Wonderful has told me many of times that he loves that i came up with the idea.
How I made the Chalkboard:
I used this chalkboard paint that you can find at any Hardware Store.
I painted over this white board that Mr.Wonderful said he was going to throw out.
I also made another chalkboard from this old glass framed picture my Mom gave to me.
I placed it on the fire mantle, to have fun with WordArt and special occasions.




3 comments:

Tasha said...

I have been wanting to do this! And I never thought about painting over a dry erase board. Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Katherines Corner said...

I should make this for my daughter. Thank for your bloggy friendship and for sharing at the hop xo

mail4rosey said...

I didn't know you could write on chalkboard paint, that's awesome!

I'm visiting from Thursday's Favorite Things. :)