This is our 3rd year celebrating Mr. Wonderful in honor of his fatherhood! After 3 years I think I have figured how how he wants his Father's Day to go, since the kids are unable to plan at this time.
1. We let him sleep-in. The kids woke up so I got up with them and closed our bedroom door as Mr. Wonderful snoozed away. I fed the kids and explained to them that it was Father's Day!
2. He loves words of encouragement. I made a Father's Day card directing him to this post, where I wrote about the amazing fathering characteristics that he bestows. The kids drew pictures to go along with the Fathers Day card.
3. He loves good homemade food. I made some pumpkin pancakes with a Dad banner display.
4. He loves to sleep in as long as possible. We finally couldn't wait and ran into the bedroom yelling "Happy Fathers Day". We handed him his card, pictures, and yummy pancakes.
5. He loves to relax with his Wife & kids in the morning. I served us coffee in the bed while the kids set in between & on the side of us watching Mickey on the iPad and playing iPhone games. I took this moment to verbally express my appreciation for him as the wonderful father to my kids.
6. He enjoys a break from the kids to lounge on the couch & watch TV After our family session of cartoons, breakfast, and coffee the kids and I got dressed. I then took the kids out the house for a couple of hours.
7. One of his love languages is acts of service. While out with kids I went to purchase his Fathers Day gift for his father. Yes, I know it sounds bad. He told me what he wanted to get his father and I was the runner. His Dad loves to fish & enjoys peanut brittle. The kids and I ran to go get a gift card to a fishing store and to the See's candy store for their Papa. I will say that he did personally pick out his own Fathers Day card for his Dad a couple days prior!
8. My husband enjoys eating a healthy and light lunch. On our way back from getting Papa's fathers day gift we stop and got Daddy & the rest of the family smoothies for lunch. Yes my husband was still in his Pjs when we returned!
9. My husband enjoys family time outside. On the backyard deck we drank our smoothies and eat cheese quesadillas that I prepared.
At this time he thanked me. He told me that this was his best father's day ever, because it was just how he envisioned his day going!
10. Mr. Wonderful likes to celebrate his father on Fathers day too. The rest of the day he spent time with his father at his parents house. They watched the playoff game and enjoyed some Barbecue!