Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Loving our backyard!



It has been a little over half a year since we have become official home owners! I am so glad to write that we have no regrets in the house that we bought! One thing that we love most is our backyard! We love all of our trees,that provide shade and privacy, we love our grass that the kids run & play on everyday, and most of all we love that our family and friends can enjoy it too! Last month we threw our 1st Barbecue on Memorial Day!
We invited all my family since Mr. Wonderful's family was out of town. Only two of my siblings and their mates could make it.
The weather was great, smiles were on everyone's faces, we relaxed on the deck, and just enjoyed each other.

My kids always love when family is over & yummy food is in hands reach!
My Sister's boyfriend has a lot of experience on the grill & we could sure taste it!

I brought out some summer salads early. I made a tortellini pasta salad for the 1st time!

I also whipped up a broccoli salad!

And what is a Barbecue without watermelon!?
I write this blog post to not flaunt but to boast in what God has given our family. I prayed many years for this house. I know that this specific house was given directly from him. We both heard God say that he would give us a house to serve and show his love to everyone who walked through our doors. I truly believe that he put the specific desires in our heart of what we wanted in a house & what he gave us. He had a plan for us to use it for his glory. We pray and look to him for grace to always remember that this is just not a structure but a place for his love to reign .



2 comments:

Erica D said...

I, just found your blog on the alhoa Friday blog hop and I am now following. You have a beautiful family :)
http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home!! Looks like you had a fantastic meal too!

I followed you on GFC. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/