Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Momma's Spaghetti Recipe





This recipe was given to me by my fabulous Mom while I was in college. My roommates and friends loved it and still request it. My husband stated he never cared for spaghetti until he had this one! He always volunteers my spaghetti when we cook for others, go to Potlucks, or have people over. I decided to make this my first recipe I share with my new camera since it holds a special place in my heart and my close ones stomachs!








 Ingredients: 2 cans of spaghetti sauce, 1 box of spaghetti noodles(serving size 8), 1/2 of a onion, 1 whole bell pepper, 1 package of kielbasa sausage, 1 lb of lean ground beef (93/7), and 1- 1.5 cup of brown sugar!

Cut your pepper, onion, and sausage in small bite size pieces



Brown the meat(because I buy the lean meat there is barely any fat to drain,so I don't do it at all)









Pour the onion, pepper, and sausage into the ground beef. Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat and stirring occasionally. Add pasta sauce and brown sugar!



Boil your noodles






I always throw my noodles on the cabinets to make sure they are done...if they stick they are ready like spaghetti:)



Drain the noodles



Use the same pot you used for the noodles and pour half of your meat sauce in that pot
Pour ALL the noodles in the pot



Pour the other half on the noodles





Stir and there you have it....My Momma's Spaghetti!



*I usually serve with Texas Toast and a lovely Salad
*The Spaghetti is always better the 2nd day!

linking up with: http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Lucy said...

This sounds delicious!

Katherines Corner said...

giggle had to laugh about the noodles on the cabinet. This is s terrific recipe. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for participating in the Thursday Favorite Things hop. xo