Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dresser MakeOver for Organization


This old dresser that my MIL blessed my daughter with needed a little loving & needed to be organized. It is a very roomy and sturdy dresser but with so many drawers it gets pretty messy. I wanted to give it a makeover & make it more functional. The room theme I am slowly but surely making is butterflies.


Before
After

What I Used:
Paint & Primer in 1(Mauve Bauhaus and Stem Green)
Acrylic Black Paint
3 Different sizes of paint brushes
A pencil
A Butterfly Cut-Out
Finishing Wax


I painted each drawer in the green color with two coats of paint(with two hours in between)


I then traced the butterfly with the pencil on each drawer. The next step was outlining with the purple paint using the 2nd smallest paint brush.


The last step was outlining what belonged in each drawer with the black acrylic paint & using the smallest paintbrush.


Lastly, once everything was drawn, written, and dry I placed I layer of wax on each drawer.

I took my time with this dresser and did it over 2 days & in an open garage. I did not want my daughter smelling any paint in her room.
Linking up with: SixSistersStuff.com

3 comments:

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Wow what a great transformation you did! I love how it looks now and love the color and pattern you added. I like how you outlined what was in each drawer, I think I should do this for myself! If this your "finished" blog design? Let me know! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

What a great transformation! I bet your daughter loves it. The green looks really nice against the wood tone. Thanks so much for sharing :)

Six Sisters said...

We love the dresser!! It turned out so cute and we love the fun color! Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! Come back again soon! -The Six Sisters