Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Red Chair




Yes, this post is about a red Cars chair. A red chair that the Boy received from his Grandparents 2 Christmases ago!


It looked liked it was love at first sit. We were not completely sure if the boy would love sitting in it for long.


It has been the Boys' go to chair for milk time, cartoon time, sport watching time, and as you can see, lounging time!


Over the last five months of the Girl being mobile she has tried to declare it her chair. Needless to say the Boy is not handing it down easy. He is about to out grow it and I just can't believe it!


He has literally grew on this chair over the last 2 years. If this chair had eyes it would of captured not only the Boys' growth but our family's growth. I will forever remember this chair and it will always carry sentiment in our hearts.


I guess this post is more than me talking about a red chair but me being mindful of a sweet thing. I am taking time to cherish a simple thing that will be a big memory in the years to come!



13 comments:

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a very sweet post. You are a wise Mommy to cherish those moments and memories. My Mom used to say, "Take heart pictures; they can never be lost."

Savor each age as your kids grow, for each age is magic. Sometimes hard, but magic still.

Lucky Mom. Lucky kids.
Have a wonderful weekend.
(And your boy in that red chair is just adorable.)
Cass

Molly said...

Both my kids had a 'chair' too. Oddly enough my boy loved and lived in his whereas my girl used hers to help her climb and reach things she really shouldn't have!

Mollyxxx

Susan said...

Oh my...he could be any cuter. Love that boy and his chair.

My favorite is the second to last one.

What a ham!

Nicole said...

Hi there...love the moment you shared! My lil one also loves that movie! (visiting from Seven Flowers) found you at Rustic Love!
Be blessed with many more mommy moments!

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

What a sweet post! Even though my Baby Boy is now an adult, there is a piece of my heart that will always want to rock him to sleep! Please give your cutie pie and hug from me! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

EMily said...

How sweet indeed, I'm sure with enough time, he will be happy to see her in it!

Katherines Corner said...

precious! They grow so quickly. Perhaps he could have it just a little longer. It might be time for a pink chair to sit beside it. xo

rebecca said...

So sweet! How fun to have these images to compare how much he's grown!! :) Thanks for linking up with the simple things this week.

Unknown said...

Very sweet and cute photos!
following from the blog hop.
would love for you to stop by and say hello!

www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

Helene said...

how that is so sweet. I had a "chair" growing up! Found you though the Friends to Followes hop and love your blog! New Follower!! Can't wait for more!
Helene in Between

ellalogy said...

This is such an adorable post! You're lucky to have all these pictures to cherish as he grows up (I'm sure he'll thank you someday too!)! Found you through the Followers to Friends blog hop and I'm following you now! Feel free to stop by my blog and say hello!

x Ellie @ Ellalogy 

Kerri Andersen said...

your son is so adorable!

kerrirogers.blogspot.com

Lindsey Louise Bales said...

awh, what a sweet and cute post! he is so adorable in that little red chair!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com