Saturday, October 13, 2012

My Baby Brother is a Grown Man!?


Who is this handsome young man? My little brother! He turned 23 the other week and I can't believe it!
I remember when the car arrived in the driveway with my Mom & her newborn 23years ago.
I was only 7 years old but I remember it like it was yesterday. He is the only sibling that I remember distinctly seeing his gradual growth, because he is the baby of the family.
This baby now has a foot size way bigger than mines and has a black belt!
I call my own Son his name all the time (on accident) because he reminds me of my brother when he was his age.
I can't believe my baby brother is a man. A man that I am very much proud of and love so much!
It was nothing but a joy to go out for dinner and celebrate his life, last weekend with family and friends!
We enjoyed him and each other over Pasta, Soup, Salad, and Cake!
As we ate, laughed, sung, and talked loud I realized that my baby brother has been a man for a while.
I think I am just fully accepting it now.
I am excited to see his dreams and aspirations fall into place. I know that God has great and mighty plans for his future.
It will be as much of a joy to see him grow into an older man.
Despite his age, strength, and shoe size he will always be my baby brother!


6 comments:

Rosie said...

Awwww this is lovely. I still get freaked out when my baby bro gets beard growth and he's 28! Your photos are amazing. It looks like a feel good, coming of age film. Congratulations!

Nina said...

Having brothers and sisters is a great blessing - Happy Birthday to your brother! Wonderful pictures willed with joy!

Suzan said...

The simple things are usually the Best Things!
Happy Birthday to your "all grown up" brother!! That means YOU'VE grown up too :-}}

debra said...

What a sweet post...I smiled all the way through until I hit the pasta picture and then I realized I'd rather have THAT than my current dinner that I am preparing! :)

You have a beautiful family and wonderful photos!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures. I was 9 when my youngest brother was born, so I can relate to the feeling. Right now he is on a mission for our church in The Netherlands and I can't believe how much he's grown. Thanks for sharing!

mail4rosey said...

This is an awesome post. Happy birthday to your 'little' brother. :)